Please contact us on firstname.lastname@example.org or by completing the Contact Us form should you wish to return any items. Items returned without prior authorisation are liable for a restocking and handling fee and the shipping charges to return the item to us. When items are authorised for return please include a copy of your invoice and package it securely so that it does not suffer any damage in transit.
For all returns we can arrange for our courier service to collect the parcel from you and return it to us, unless the item in question needs to go to a manufacturer or other third party.
Please note we do not accept returns via the South African Postal Service, however you are welcome to use your own couriers, should you so wish.
Should a replacement need to be sourced then we will do so from our supplier. Note that the replacement item will take the same period of time to reach us as is indicated on the website for the particular product. In some instances replacement items may be ordered by our suppliers from an international manufacturer. We will always ensure that you receive your replacement as soon as possible.
All items ordered from DigiWorks may be returned, with prior authorisation from the company, provided they meet the following criteria :
- Wrongly Delivered Items: please contact us immediately if we’ve made an error and delivered the wrong item to you. We will despatch the correct item as soon as we can, and collect the incorrect item from you.
- Damaged Items: if an item arrives damaged please contact us without delay. Please retain all the packaging, and if possible take photographs of the items and their packaging. We will arrange a replacement item for you as soon as possible.
- Unwanted Items: If you received your order and decide you wish to return any items you no longer want, you may do so providing the items meet the criteria of the department specific conditions. You will receive a credit for the items once we receive them and are satisfied they are in good order. A re-stocking and handling fee of 10% will be deducted from the credit.
- Incorrectly Ordered Items: Where the item you receive is not the same as you anticipated it to be, but is the item you checked out with, we can arrange a return. This only applies if the item is undamaged, and is still in all its original packaging. Items from our Software Department must still be sealed in their original packaging. Under such circumstances the cost of shipping the items will be deducted from your credit, as well as a 10% re-stocking and handling fee.
- In Warranty Problems: For all products with Warranties their Warranty Period is displayed on the website. Should there be a problem with an item, within the warranty period, we will assist you to have the product evaluated and exchanged, or repaired, if required. The exact procedure will differ from manufacturer to manufacturer where some manufacturers have service centres who handle all their warranty issues for them. For these manufacturers you will need to liaise directly with the service centre, although we’ll provide every assistance possible.
- Out of Warranty Problems: should you experience a problem with a product outside of its warranty period it might still be possible to arrange for it to be repaired. However, you will be liable for any and all costs. Please contact us should you need assistance with these items via email@example.com.
Department Specific Returns Conditions
Electronics and Computer Hardware
When ordering personal computer components please check that these components are compatible with your current hardware. While we can accept a return on any undamaged components within seven days, a 10% handling fee and the cost of shipping the item will be deducted from any amount credited to you. The exact fees will be quoted during the returns process.
Please note that we are not responsible for any data on a product returned to us or any of our suppliers. We cannot make any attempt to recover any data from faulty devices, and will only exchange the device for a new working model.
Should an item be faulty on arrival please contact us without delay. Different manufactures have different processes for handling so called “Dead on Arrival” items and we will assist you in obtaining a replacement item as quickly as possible.
Should an item experience a fault after the “Dead on Arrival” period has expired for the item, but within the warranty period, you will be able to return the item either be to us or to the manufacturer’s service centre, dependent on the product, for evaluation and repair or exchange. In such an instance please contact us via our firstname.lastname@example.org email.
Note that in certain cases it may no longer be possible to exchange the item for exactly the same model, as the particular model may no longer be manufactured, or out of stock. In such instances we may exchange it for the most similar model from the same manufacturer, or offer you a refund.
Note that any physical damage to an item will automatically invalidate the warranty. Removal of Serial Number barcode stickers from items will also invalidate the warranty as it will no longer be possible to track the item. User damage caused by inappropriate use, use not intended, or under conditions not covered will also invalidate the warranty. Where an item returned is deemed to be faulty due to user damage, you will be responsible for the shipping fee and a 10% handling fee.
Different manufacturers have different tolerance policies for “Dead” and/or stuck pixels. Most will not automatically replace a monitor for only one dead pixel.